Thursday, May 8, 2008

American Elementary Carnival


After lots of work, phone calls, emails and craziness our school carnival took place on Friday night. I always wonder why I get myself so involved in projects that don't focus on our family or home. But when they are over it is so rewarding to see the happiness on the kids faces that are enjoying my efforts ( and those of a few other great moms!)
Zach on the student body officers WALL of FAME (he's the activities director)

Our theme this year was "Hooray for Hollywood!" I helped by organizing all the games, booths and volunteers. We made around $9000 profit, so that wasn't bad either! My kids had a great time, and I even talked Big Daddy into skipping Coaching Benny's game to come. I'm still amazed about that! He was a great help to me, and stayed until everything was completely cleaned-up.

I enlisted the help of the Farnsworth's to make some new games that our new school could keep to reuse. They were so great and creative to make a PLINKO game, Tic-Tac-Toe and a spinning wheel. I am grateful for great friends like Robert & Amy!


I did have the opportunity to meet some really great parents at our school. My kids have had a hard time loving this new school, but I think it's getting better (for me too!).

A few of my favorite kids, Jared and Hannah all glammed up, and Olivia as cute as ever!

6 comments:

  1. wow girl, when you post your really post. it took me three hours just to catch up on your blog. it wish i were a little more super sonic like you....any i can borrow?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I never volunteer at my kids school. I'm getting the "Mother of the year" award in the mail soon. ::wink::

    You are amazing,....as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My class is actually through Henley's Photography. You should do it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your big event! How is it that we always do this to ourselves? Now, that you did such a great job they will ask you to be the next PTO President!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are out of control!!!! I like the few other mom's. . .you know you did it all! :) All that stress and you still weren't burned out---you took great pictures. You are sooo cool. I love the first pic it is the evolution of the boy smile. Clueless but always cute, next cheesy and last I am way to cool to smile for the camera. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a lot of fun. It won't be much longer before I am doing the same thing!!

    ReplyDelete