Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!

I can't wait for Sunday. Mother's Day is always a perfect day. The house always stays clean by my family,my kids never complain or fight, I always get some really cool poem (or like 3 or 4) with a handprint attached. If I'm really lucky I'll get a nice homemade coupon book or a nice list of reasons why they like me (you're a good cooker, etc)or maybe even some flowers from my own garden. The topper one year was a fishing pole?

Don't get me wrong, I love a nice handprint preserved in plaster to cherish forever and I would even like to go fishing sometime. However, I just would like a nice day to rest, relax and be indulged in someway on some deserted island.

Really I just have to gear myself up NOW to handle what will go on. I can't believe I'm so negative, but every year I seem to have a melt down at some point. I think I should just plan to go away every Mother's Day weekend and avoid being a crappy mom. At least Rob usually takes them camping on the father/son campout every year---except this one of course because we have 2 baseball games tonight!

Why can't we just skip Mother's Day? How do all you handle it? What are your plans?

1 comment:

  1. First of all, your not a crappy mom just human. Second of all, plans? Who makes those? Oh yeah, I do! So, I'm going to daddy's house to eat and sit my lazy butt down and watch a movie!

    ReplyDelete