Sunday, May 11, 2008

Nice Day

Mother's Day turned out to be a very nice day! We had breakfast with my parents, my brother, his girlfriend, her daughters, her mom and brother. It was nice not to cook or clean up. Then we went to church, and came home to everyone swimming & bbqing in our backyard. It was a beautiful day outside and fun to spend time with our family.

Rob gave me some big ole shiny diamond earrings in a flower design? The boys gave me stuff they made at school, and my sweet Jake wrote this poem I have to share:


MOM

Mom is the best
She likes the color red
Mom doesn't like fish
She likes to lay in bed

Mom cooks
Mom cleans
Mom is busy
Mom isn't very mean

Mom is mean when she's in a bad mood
Mom makes me play piano
Mom makes me do chores
I hate it when she sings soprano


Mom likes chicken
She likes Italian
Mom has 5 children
She wants to ride a stallion

Mom is nice
I love her such
She is so sweet
I love her so much

by JAKE


The poor kid, I could not stop laughing when I read this. I completely lost it when I read I want to ride a stallion. Sweet Innocent boy--TOO FUNNY!

13 comments:

  1. Doesn't everyone want to ride a stallion, tho? ::wink::

    Oh, and "mom is mean when she's in a bad mood". Niiiiiice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha---gotta love your kids. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you girl you are becoming a blog aholic. So many posts in a week. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the poem. What more can I say? Actually he said it all. I can't wait to hear you sing soprano!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the poem!I couldn't stop laughing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!
    i was here!
    it is so fun to get to see how you are doing even if i never get around to coming ot visit!
    julianna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too Funny! Glad you enjoyed your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the poem! Ride a stallion? HMMMMMMM. Kids....they keep you laughing and keep life interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will call you when the apricots are ready. My grandma doesn't live too far from you (just off of Brimhall and Jenkins). Allie has signed up for a cooked jam class if you want to come over some night. That would be fun. But you should know that I have to listen to Bob Marley's "Jammin" whenever I make jam. Don't ask.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not that I'm complaining but.........new post pls.

    ReplyDelete