Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's almost time!


I know I am not like lots of my favorite mom friends, because I get so excited for school to be out. But I really can't wait. I love when I get to have all the bratty boys to myself. I love when we don't have to be on such a tight schedule and they don't run out the door every morning to hang out with some other lady.

I like to be in charge. I like to know who they're playing with. I like to know what they're eating. I like to know how they're acting. I like to know who they're talking to.

We usually start out the summer with great intentions of doing lots of fun and exciting things together. Beach trips, movies, friends. It doesn't always end up that way, but hey we try. Summer just flies by too fast. August 18th will be here before you know. And who knows--I might be really happy to kick them out the door by then!

6 comments:

  1. Yeeah, if I had a pool I might feel the same. Cuz right now I'm dreading the two weeks it takes to get the kids into the groove of being at home all day. I'll try to think positive like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to summer too. A little breathing room! I am about maxed out and I only have 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I must be loser Mom of the year because I am not quite ready. I enjoy it for the first little bit and then I will be wishing for August 18th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm awarding you the Mother of the Year Award. It's my goal this summer to not threaten my kids with their lives. You have motivated me to try a little harder to enjoy my summer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an inspiration! I have a hard time getting excited about wearing my "activities director hat" for 3'ish months during the summer. You have given me a few reasons to be happy about it and realize that it's not such a burden. But then again, check back with me in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am way excited for the munchkins to be home. The older Sam gets the more I feel like time is running out for me. It is making me sappy and almost impossible to live with. Pretty soon I will have a full on revolt if I don't loosen the apron strings a tad. But ha Im still bigger then them, at least today. Sam is catching up fast, too fast. Well summer starts in two days with a swim meet in Salt Lake oh how exciting.:)

    ReplyDelete