Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 2



This was a tough day. Sophie had a nurse that did not want to me to touch her or talk to her. She thought it made her work too hard and it raised her respiratory rate and heart rate. This was so hard for me since I had waited so long to have her. She keep waving her arms and seemed so uncomfortable so I talked her into placing her on her stomach to at least help her feel secure. My poor baby. At this point, the doctor was telling me a week or two at least. They thought she had an infection, her bowels were filled with air, and looped. By the end of the day she finally passed some miconium and that made us less worried about her bowels and more hopeful they would work themselves out. I went home at around 9pm that night, very sad to have empty arms. Before I left, I stuck a bow in her hair that I made, when the mean nurse wasn't looking. I just wanted to make sure she looked girly!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are posting them up fast!! I commented on an earlier post. I'll come by this week to see you if that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful Sara! Congrats on a perfect little girl. I had 2 babies in the NICU for 2 weeks and it is so NOT fun! I had some wonderfully sweet nurses and some we referred to as "Hitler" because they were so mean! I'm so glad you're done and she's here and looks so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete