Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Supersonic


So, I have had this song on my blog and no one has said anything. It makes me laugh when I hear it for a couple of reasons: 1. My friend Dana who loves to call me her Supersonic friend and I always try to sing it to her 2. It reminds me of high school riding in my '75 Toyota Corrolla singing that horrible song laughing with my best friends! One day one of our boyfriends got so sick of us singing it for a couple years that he threw it out the window while we were driving.

JJ Fad Bio
Group formed in: 1988 (disbanded in 1992) / Members: M.C.J.B. (Juana Burns) Baby-D (Dania Birks) Sassy C (Michelle Franklin) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A reminder of how fleeting hip-hop glory can be, female L.A. rappers M.C.J.B. , Baby-D and Sassy C formed Just Jammin' Fresh and Def (J.J. Fad) in 1988. They were part of Hurby "Love Bug" Azor's empire alongside Salt 'N Pepa. The female equivalent of Kriss Koss, the trio featured a youthful, heavily pop-oriented brand of rap that was non-threatening. "Supersonic", produced by The Arabian Prince, was a Top 30 pop and R&B hit, and the album went gold, peaking at 49. Soon after it dropped off the charts, they were a memory.

10 comments:

  1. I just assumed everyone knew who they were and that Supersonic was one of the best songs ever made. Doyee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, yo, yo Super Sara! My kids still think your blog is the coolest place on the web. If the "new" tunes weren't enough, you also have their fav books, too. Not to mention all the cute (per Lins) and fun (per I) friends. Supersonic ROCKS! But everyone that's anyone already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi sara!! you rock! i love that song. thanks for the flashback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sara,
    i always knew you were my supersonic friend!!
    you have such a supersonic cool blog....wish mine was half as cool.

    dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the good ol innocent days of hip hop. Thanks for the awesome flashback!!

    Kristi I keep seeing you pop up on people's blogs in comments and I'm pretty sure this is Kristi "use to be" Cook. I would love to see pics of your fam and read what is going on in your life these days. You have to leave a comment on my blog and let me know where your blog is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious. That is so awesome. The S is for super and The U is for Unique, How sad is it that I know all the words to that song. How I like the cars the cars that go Boom. . .You know the one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally stalk your blog too. Thanks for the hip-hop flashback. My brother Tim & I were so into this stuff. Loved Keith Sweat, Al B Sure, Bobbie Brown etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard that in so long, but the first lyrics that come to mind are,"the S is for Super and the U is for Unique, the P is for Perfection and you know that we are freaks?" Am I close?

    ReplyDelete
  9. well you were on my great list but then I changed my layout and messed up all my lists... but you will be back very soon.
    accept it.

    ReplyDelete