Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CAMP!!!

I am excited about this summer. Awhile ago, I got called to be the Stake Craft lady and then this Sunday I got called to be the Ward Camp lady. I have been wanting to go to camp for years. I have just been a little busy growing or feeding a baby for 11 summers!

I know to many of you think I am crazy to have the desire to go to Big Meadow for a week. But for this mom surrounded by boys everyday it sounds very nice. I have the greatest memories of girls camp. Even during my not so perfect days of being a teenager, I always stopped to enjoy a little Big Meadow! Some fun times were had with Allie, Teanna, Holly, Sharol, Laura, Heather, Emily, Eliza.............! I might have to dig out some old pictures.


I would love to have any great ward camp ideas you have or great craft ideas!

10 comments:

  1. Yes, I am jealous! I went last year and it was so much fun hanging out wtih the girls in my ward! Need an assistant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some pictures to add to that collection of camp memories. One involves you and a latrine. ::wink wink::
    Speaking of those girls we should have some sort of a reunion of sorts. Heather and I have been throwing it up in the air forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. your two older posts didn't show up until today. you must be blocking me out. jay/kay.

    first, zach is every parents dream,no? you deserve such a child

    second, i had my identity stolen as well. right out of my car while i was at the gym! it SUCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heroes in a half-shell....turtle power

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was stake crafts for our stake this past summer! We did some really fun stuff, I had a HUGE budget. Way to huge really. Here are a couple links about it to my blog.

    http://joceybee.blogspot.com/2007/08/camp.html

    http://joceybee.blogspot.com/2007/08/camp-crafty-ness.html

    http://joceybee.blogspot.com/2007/05/girls-camp.html

    I'd love to go back again when the boys are bigger. It was way too rough comming home to an 19 month old who had disowned me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol..Guess Who? I found your blog while looking at something else. Funny how small the world is. Your boys have all gotten big and hey there is more of them too. Crazy!! Time just marches on doesn't it. Well hope your doing great. It sure looks like it. Krissi H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I would love to watch your boys for you while you are at camp... or the whole summer... or work of Rob... or do something! I called you the other day but no answer, so I will try again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be more fun than one Mormon Girl should have! I love Big Meadow, young women, laughing till the tummy hurts, and knowing the gospel is true. ALL parts of girl's camp! So happy you will be there with all your wonderfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How could you leave Sister Jacobs and her blue hat off your list? Talk about good times...

    ReplyDelete