Thursday, December 18, 2008

Benny Boy is 7!


I can't believe Benjamin is 7 already. Time goes so fast! Ben is the middle boy and lucky because everybody loves him. The big boys like having him around and the little boys love having him around. He is loving 1st grade and we're finding out he is just as competitive as the big brothers. I used to be concerned that Ben was very shy, but I have decided he is just extremely stubborn and very selective about who he will pay any attention to and spend his time on. He knows exactly what he likes and what he wants. He loves spending time with his best buddy Andrew and has made some really great friends at school Conner and Colton, who he has enjoying starting to have sleepovers with.

Benny had a rough start in life, or should I say he made it rough for me at the start of his life. He had turned and was breech, so I went in to have him turned and be induced. Even after Big Jake they thought he would be too big to attempt to deliver breech. They estimated through ultrasounds he was 7.5 to 8 pounds. So they attempted to do a version and turn him but his heart stopped beating, and they guessed he was pinching his cord. They couldn't move him back, so they next thing I knew they were rushing me into the OR. All I remember screaming was "please knock me out!" I was scared of something happening to him, because I had lost two babies before him.

While I was pregnant with him, I had the worst heartburn of my life. When I woke from the C-Section I believed all the wives tales about heartburn, all Rob could say was "Sara he has so much hair!" That was my wish when i found out he was a boy. The other thing he told me was he is so tiny. Benny ended up being 5 pounds! He looked like a little doll. Even though he completely ruined my abs, I loved him instantly! On his first day of life, I also discovered he had a very pronounced dimple on his cheek. During our 3+ days in the hospital, I washed his hair several times and agonized over his name. I was going back and forth between Benjamin and Alexander. They didn't want me to leave without filling out the paperwork, so after staying an extra day to decide, I ended up with Benjamin Randall (after my dad).

I love you Ben and you are a joy to have around (almost all the time!). Ben loves me and is very protective of me. If he knows I'm having a bad day or I'm upset about something, he'll walk around patting my back. He is a pretty cool kid and he loves playing baseball, soccer and swimming. He loves math and is enjoying being the Mickey Math Champion in his class. He can read like nothing else and he LOVES to play video games. Happy Birthday Benny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment