Thursday, September 18, 2008

My baby is 3!

Today (Thursday 18th) Alexander is 3. He has been asking for weeks if it's his birthday yet, and every morning he wakes up and asks if I made his Elmo cake yet! We love this little boy. He has added so much fun and sweetness to our family. Everyone loves him and wants him around. He has never been very pesty (yet) or got into things too bad. He is a joy to hang out with everyday.

He had a rough start in life. We thought he was a girl until the week before he was born. I had many ultrasounds and nobody ever saw any extra parts. So, I painted his lavender room a nice shade of green, and took a beautiful girl wardrobe back, and bought him a years worth of new things (beacuse I had happily got rid of all baby boy "Little Slugger" and "you're #1" outfits) Once he was born, and I saw how dang cute he was, I could nver imagine him not being here! When Alexander was a couple weeks old he started getting sick. We found out he had RSV and after a few days here in Memorial Hospital his little heart started racing in the 220's. It was very scary. He was helicoptered to Madera's Valley Children's Hospital. Rob and I had to follow in the car (at about 100 mph). It was a very long couple weeks. I had never been away from the other kids more than a day, and I never had a sick child in the hospital. It was a very scary time and now very blurry. I am so glad he improved and was off heart meds by 6 months without any other signs of problems.

Lately he has been saying the funniest things and asking the craziest questions. He always says, "I luz you mom", "You luz me right mom?" and when the boys leave every morning he always says, "Well it's jus jew and me mom!" He cracks me up and I would take a few more of this kid!

To celebrate his big day, we are very excited to be leaving Wednesday after school to Disneyland and California Adventures. We haven't been for nearly 5 years and have never been to California Adventures. Big Al is very into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Pooh, Nemo and especially Little Einteins so we thought that it would be a perfect time to ditch school and have some fun. Hopefully it won't be too busy, everyone else should be in school (that's what good parents do).


Happy 3rd Birthday Alexander!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd Birthday

1st birthday, 1st haircut

2 months, during this time Benny called him Baby Alice

7 months--don't all moms let two kids bath in the sink at once?

10 comments:

  1. He' WAY too precious. Have fun at the happiest place on earth! And call me next week. We need to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you kids are so cute, and your "baby" is no exception!! Happy birthday to him. Have fun at Disneyland!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All you kids are so cute, and your "baby" is no exception!! Happy birthday to him. Have fun at Disneyland!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As grace would say "Happy Birthday Baby Butter" I don't think you call him that anymore but hope you had a great time at Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is he really 3. I swear I haven't lived here that long. I hope he has a great B-day at disneyland. I hope you all have fun. Brayden always tells me it is where dreams come true. . . I think h watches to much TV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Alex! We are so glad that you are here and know that you are a joy. If only mom would let you come back over some time. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a charmer he is! Have fun in Disneyland. I love the sink picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY Birthday Alex. Hope you guys had fun at Disneyland!!!! It is hard to beleive little Alli is 3 already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy b-day big al!! i just remember how HUGE his hands and feet were when he was born. has he grown into them yet? i haven't checked lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Big Al! I say let's go swimming! :)

    ReplyDelete