Monday, February 4, 2008

The Family Bed







I LLLOOOOOVVVEEEEEE my kids, but I keep asking myself--How long do I want them in my bed? It seems like no matter how nicley everyone goes to sleep in their own beds, someone always ends up in our bed. Now if the kids weren't enough, I have my sweet new daughter who loves to share my breath and my pillow and goes from under the covers to on top over and over again! I'd like to think it is because they think we are so cool and make them feel safe, but I really think it is because my bed is much more comfortable than theirs.



Have you really laid in your kids beds lately? I got in Jake's and that drove us to get him a new mattress for Christmas. He seems better. I did everything I could to try to make Alexander's bed as comfortable as ours. I put on a feather bed, soft flannel sheets, lots of pillows and still the boy makes it to our bed between midnight and 2 every night. I try to conveince myself that it is just a phase like everything else, but the dark circles under my eyes don't say the same. I am just the kind of girl that needs her 10 hours a night!



I guess I need to get mean. If I wasn't so lazy I could keep putting him back in his own bed, but instead I often just go get in his. I'll probably get sad one day when there is nobody who wants to crawl in my bed, but for know I am literally tired of it!

7 comments:

  1. I am crackin' up girl. Seriously. You love it you know you do---lol the 1 ft you get in your bed to sleep . Thanks for the other night it was fun I game for Wii any time. How do we get rid of the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! How fun that you have a blog!! Hope everything's going well in Bakersfield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited about your blog. Drew loves to sleep with us. He has been coming and getting in bed with us for the past 2 months. It is driving Nate and I crazy. However he is just so cute that how can I resist the early morning cuddling. Take care.~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you find me?! I thought I had a super secret name and everything. Just kidding. So glad to see you around here. My sister in laws drug me into this world kicking and screaming but now I'm glad they did because I keep in better contact with them than I ever have. Maybe now you and I will be able to talk more, even tho we live in the same town! K, so about the family bed: I have no clue......watch Supernanny? (I heart that show) About the flooring: your is real wood then, not fake? Is it hard to keep water off it with your boys in the pool? My other thing is that I'm not sure we'll be in this house more than a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so glad you found us! It is so fun to see how big all of your boys are getting. They are all so cute!

    Dane is still in his crib, and I think I may keep it that way forever so he can't come get in my bed!! That may be hard with no. 2 coming, though. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bed is way comfy I will admit. Sometimes when I would lay the kids down for a nap I would want to take one with them. haha!! But with two amazing parents like you guys i can see why your kids would want to spend even more time with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, my door is always open, chica, and so is my phone. Whenever you get time!!

    ReplyDelete